Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Playing Dead

I was trying to motivate the cats to do something the other day. As I recall the conversation went something like this:

Hey you cats! Get off the desk! 

Cooper:  "Hey guys, all you ever do is lay around and get up on the furniture. Don't you ever do anything but eat and sleep? Why don't you ever help out and bring in the mail like I do?"

You need more practice. This letter has your teeth marks all over it. 

Simba: "I do stuff. I am good at playing hide and seek. Every time someone comes I can hide so well they never even see me. And you better be careful. You could get your head stuck in that railing. That actually happened to your human uncle once. And it was your human mom who was supposed to be watching him!"

Cooper: "Yeah, I heard that story. Sounds like something that would happen on Leave it to Beaver, not in Cooper's World. How about you Camden. What do you do?"

Camden: "I don't DO anything. I prefer to have others DO for me."

Cooper: "Well I can sit. I can fetch, I can ring a bell to go outside. And I can stay, for about 4 seconds (but that is 28 seconds in dog time)."

Camden: "But can you play dead?"

Cooper: "Of course. That is easy. A lot of dogs can but nobody plays dead quite like the Coopster! Crank up your volume and click the play button. I would love to play dead for you."










4 comments:

  1. Cooper I remember when your human Uncle had the incident with the railing. I also remember when your human Mom took a turtle for a walk and lost it. I know that she would never lose you. Glad to see that you and the cats are getting along. But I also know that you are "top dog" in the Miller house!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She puts a leash on me when she takes me for a walk. I guess she didn't have one on the turtle. Do they make turtle leashes? -- Coop

      Delete
  2. Cats and dogs have different lifestyles Coop. I think you are understanding that better now. I think you are a pretty terrific puppy and a great addition to the family. You did miss the birds though. They were pretty interesting and kept multiplying like rabbits. You would really have enjoyed them. A dog is so much more fun though just ask Simba and Camden. They have, stories they can tell you.
    ab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only birds I see in the house are a duck decoy. What we need is to get a couple cows. -- Coop

      Delete