Wednesday, September 10, 2014

How To Encourage

Mom & Dad

Dingo sent me a picture of my mom and dad the other day. It was great to see them. They look like they are doing well since all us pups moved out. See how they are smiling at me.

Duke and Lulu, my mom and dad.
It brought back memories. Like the times mom would read us bible stories. One of my favorites was about Barnabas. He hung out with Paul and Timothy and he was an encourager and was called "son of encouragement". You can look it up (Acts 4:36). Mom would tell us the bible stories and pop would give us practical examples in real life. I asked mom what it meant to encourage and how could I be like Barnabas. She said "Ask your father".

Pop's Real Life Example

Pop told me how he encouraged a puppy at the vets one time. He said there was a puppy being weighed in the waiting room (just like they do at my vet) and it was crying because it thought it weighed too much. So dad said he just went over to the puppy and said, "There there, little guy, don't cry. You aren't fat. You're just a little Husky!"

Not the actual little Husky. A professional actor. 

Pop was always good at giving practical examples.


No comments:

Post a Comment