Friday, September 12, 2014

Cats Vs Dogs (Includes Poll)

While discussing yesterday's post with Simba I told him that I thought it was great that he is helping my human sister study for her Master's degree. I told him it was a wonderful thing to learn and gain more knowledge.

But like papa Duke always said, "The good book says "Its nice to be important but its more important to be nice."  I don't think the good book actually says that but he might have been thinking of this:

   ...knowledge puffs up while love builds up...." ( 1 Cor 18 you can look it up).

I told him that people don't really care how much you know but how much you care. The world needs knowledge, but it really needs more love. I suggested to him that if cats could be more like puppies they would have lots more friends. Because it is obvious to me that most people like dogs better than cats. 

In a deep discussion with Simba why I feel people prefer dogs over cats

Simba didn't believe that. He thinks that most people like cats better than dogs. Of course Camden also thinks people like cats better. Actually, she thinks people should only like her. But that is another issue for another time.

I did a test on Google search and it appears my assumption is correct.  Take a look at the Google search engine suggestions when you type in "Cats are" or "Dogs are".

Here are the search suggestions for "Dogs are........."


It shows 3 very favorable suggestions and one erroneous assumption. (Dogs are not color blind. They just can't see as full a spectrum of color as humans. If you want more detail click this article : Are Dogs Colorblind?)

Now take a look at the search suggestions for "Cats are......."


Hummmm. Only one favorable suggestion and two negative suggestions. And one that doesn't make sense. So it appears possibly 75% of the population prefer dogs over cats. 

But Simba says that is just a sample from about a half a billion searches. He wants more data. He would like to know what you think. Please take a second and vote in our poll.


Which are better, Dogs or Cats?
Dogs
Cats
I like them both the same
Poll Maker

Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment