Thursday, September 25, 2014

Marmot Day (Storm - guest blogger)

(Note from Cooper: Conclusion of yesterday's guest post from Storm - Living With Cats )

(Another note from Cooper: A big thank you to the reader who noticed  the wrong word (marsupial) was used on this origional post. Groundhogs are not marsupials. Rather the word Storm really wanted to use was marmot. Thanks for reading and fact checking. I am so proud of my readers from Berea (you can look it up Acts 17:11) and my guest bloggers! Some people are right. Some people are kind. You have shown it is possible to be both at the same time. Storm sent me an email saying "Nice catch and a big atta boy!" (or atta girl in this case) -- .. sorry for the mistake, thanks a bunch from Storm!)

I don't get it. Although I am not as active as I could be because Mom and Dad can't get around very well, I am still always ready for a walk (with mom or dad riding on a scooter). Sometimes they will start teasing me, saying: "Stormy, would you like to ... TALK?" " Now, don't ...SULK." "Want to get a...HAWK?" See, anything that rhymes with walk, especially with that upwards inflection at the end and I'm gone. I get REALLY excited when I see the accoutrements for a walk and so they naturally try to avoid that. Sometimes Mom will ask Dad if he wants to take me for a promenade or a stroll and I've kind of figured those out now. I'm also always ready to go "bye-byes". I love going bye-byes! By the way, if you're wondering why I would use "accoutrements" and then bye-byes, it's because of Mom. She knows I am a dog. She would never dress me up and then take pictures and put them on facebook and have everybody say "Oh, how adorable!" But her own human baby (Max) is now 32, married and a doctor so I'm kind of like her baby now. I don't mind. It's a little thing to do and it makes her happy.
Well, I could ramble on a little more but it is almost one o'clock in the morning and I'm ready for bed. Too much fun outside today. Saw a gigantic marmot and her baby (relax, they are groundhogs) in MY yard.

Mama Marmot & Baby Marmot

Hey, if the neighbor a couple doors down sees him it'll be through the scope of his rifle and that'll be the end of him.

And don't come back!
  
Well, Dad just yelled for me to come to bed so I gotta close down for now.  Maybe next time I can share what kind of week we had here with the 2 cats who live here AND the other 2 cats who were visiting!  Take care until the next time Cooper needs a break.

Your friend,

Storm


No comments:

Post a Comment