Monday, September 8, 2014

Another Bath

It started out as an ordinary Saturday morning.

Everything was going according to plan. My human guy had a bunch of new treats from the market and was working with me on the "down" and "stay" commands.

I was pretending I didn't quite understand. The conventional wisdom in puppy circles is not to learn too quickly. Because once you get good at whatever instruction they want you to learn the treats stop. Then you just get praise, like "good boy!" or "atta girl!"

Relaxing in the back yard on a nice warm morning.

After I finished milking all the treats I thought I could get from my owner guy I thought I would just go hang out in the back yard with mom and enjoy the beautiful morning watching her water her flowers. But she had a dish pan and some soap too. Strange. She never puts soap on the flowers.

Then it happened! Her attention turned to me. And she said.......

There must be a mistake! The cats! Why don't the cats get a bath?

"Cooper. Time for a bath."

But I just had a bath two weeks ago. Check my blog post Emergency Bath. Don't you remember? I didn't even roll in anything. What is the point of not rolling in really good stuff if you are just going to have to get a bath anyway? 

What a way to ruin a good morning. 

You never know what a day will bring. 

It started out as an ordinary Saturday morning.

2 comments:

  1. I bet secretly you love a bath. It makes you smell good and look handsome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I do get a lot more hugs and treats after a bath. So I guess it does have its upside -- Coop

      Delete