Friday, October 17, 2014

OBX – THERE AND BACK AGAIN PART 2 (Outer Banks Vacation!)

Dingo here again for PART 2.   Day 2 of Cooper not blogging! 


Catching some zzzzzz's. Dreaming about my sister.
Saturday September 13th started early!  It was still dark out when bags, cooler and suitcase were being carried out to the car.  I knew something was up when the humans collapsed my crate and it got put in the car.  I must be pretty important, because I needed two bags!  One for my bowls, food, leashes, treats and poop bags.  The other bag was full of toys.

The set up in the car was pretty sweet!  I had the middle of the back seat, customized with what my humans referred to as “The Princess Pillow”.  Since I was still recovering from my visit to the hospital, and had to take Benadryl for 3 days, I wasn’t ready to move real fast.  The pillow really felt nice to lay on for the trip – I did sleep a lot.  I was able to see my humans for the entire trip.


After what my humans referred to as the longest drive ever (not because of me, because of traffic jams), we arrived in Avon, NC.  When we got to the house, my new friends were waiting to meet me.  There was Don, Lauren, Matt, Kristen and Taj.  Taj is a PitBull.  Everyone seemed concerned about me meeting Taj, so they kept us separated.

On Sunday my humans were talking about having lunch with Jeremiah (Cooper’s human brother) and Ellen (Jer’s fiancé) .  I was really excited about meeting them.  Even spent extra time cleaning myself up, if you know what I mean.  When it was time to leave I got locked in my crate!  For some reason the restaurant doesn’t allow dogs.  I wanted to have my picture taken with Cooper’s human brother.  This is the best I could do.  


While my humans were having lunch with Jeremiah & Ellen, my new friends Matt and Kristen broke me out of jail.  I really like Matt and Kristen!!  I got to go for a walk with them and Taj.  We walked on the beach and on the boardwalk by the dunes.  At that point I just knew Taj was going to be my BFF.  She’s really cool, and compared to me, really big.  


Man, was I wrong!  Taj wasn’t my BFF!  She hated me!  I think she was jealous of my youthful beauty.  From that point on we had to be separated in the house by a fence that Matt and Kristen brought along.  I fooled Taj.  Every time she came close to the fence, even when she was growling, I tried to kiss her.  Yes, she got Dingo cooties!!!  Take that Taj!


I got to see a sunrise at the beach.  I also got to go to the beach.  I didn’t like the waves coming at me, but I liked digging in the sand.  COOP, WAKE UP:  I gotta tell you, It’s really cool at the beach.  You can dig and you don’t get yelled at!  Just like with dirt, your nose gets cover with sand.  


My new friend, Lauren, took me for walks.  She let me chew on my leash while I was walking.  My humans told her that I wasn’t supposed to do that.  Lauren said that she is like the Grandmother that lets the kids do what they want, and my humans can deal with it when we get home.  I really like Lauren!! 

One morning when my male human took me outside, we saw a ghost crab.  It wasn’t near the hole it lived it, so I tried to herd it.  They are hard to herd because they move sideways and they also try to pinch your nose if you get too close.



One of my favorite things was playing with my new friend Don.  I would sit on a foot rest and Don would hold my rope in the air.  I would jump as high as I could and grab it.  We would do this for a long time.  Over and over and over again.  I think Don is probably glad that I didn’t have to go home with him.  We both got tired playing.  I really like Don!!


All good things must come to an end.  We packed up and headed back home a week after we got there.  Vacations are a lot of fun!  So are all of my new friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment