Thursday, October 16, 2014

OBX – THERE AND BACK AGAIN PART 1 (It almost didn’t happen!)

Dingo here again, (Cooper & Hank’s little sister) guest blogging so Coop can have two days off. 
Slacker!

Thanks Dingo, remember publishing deadline is 4 AM. Hold my calls. 

Not long after I arrived at my new home, my humans were talking about going on vacation and taking me along.  Unless you are a service dog, most dogs are always on vacation, so I didn’t see what the big deal was.

Flash back to five week ago (0.675 dog years), September 12th.  This was the day before we were going to leave.  I had an appointment to see the vet again.  I don’t mind going because they are VERY generous with the Pupperoni.  I heard talk about another Rabies shot and something about flea and tick medicine.  Didn’t care -- Just wanted the Pupperoni.  SCORED!  Went home and slept for a few hours.  They must put something in their treats, because that usually happens when I get a shot.  Later in the afternoon the humans put some oily stuff on my back.  This must have been the flea and tick stuff.  Felt funny, but no big deal……until a few hours later.  Sick!  Humans weren’t too concerned until I was on the floor twitching.  Got to visit the Emergency Hospital!


We arrived at the Emergency Hospital, and a woman asked my humans what was going on with their baby.  My male human cleared it up right away that I was a dog, not a baby.  The woman took me away from my humans and put me in a room where a doctor took a look at me.  I have no pictures of this, and have been sworn to secrecy as to what goes on in these rooms.  


A nice woman (not the one that called me a baby) brought me into a room with my humans.  Seems it was a reaction to the flea & tick stuff.  She had a piece of paper with her, something she called an estimate.  The estimate was for the visit, two shots and some dog food.  I know my humans have a sense of humor – you should see the cats I have to live with!  Anyway…They looked at the piece of paper, and with a grin on their face, both said, “we didn’t pay that much for the dog!”.  The look on the woman’s face was funny, but I knew they were going to pay and take me back home with them.  My humans handed the woman a piece of plastic with lots of numbers on it.  I then got 2 shots and no Pupperoni!  BUMMER!

We headed back home.  Still didn’t feel too good, but had to rest up because I heard them say the vacation wasn’t cancelled.



NOTE FROM MY FEMALE HUMAN:  To avoid any future reactions from flea and tick medicine, a guy I work with gave me some Natural Defense.  This is a flea and tick medicine made entirely from essential oils – no chemicals!  Looking at the ingredients, Dingo is really going to smell good!




Tomorrow:  OBX – There and back again Part 2  (Outer Banks Vacation!)


No comments:

Post a Comment