Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Yikes! Danger Outside My House

I was doing my thing (chewing on an old boot) when I heard my mom let out a scream down by the mailbox. I rushed to see what was wrong. When I got there she was running in the other direction.

As you can see it was a harmless dead garter snake.

I saw a garter snake. It was only about 2 feet long. No big deal. And it was already dead. My first instinct was to immediately lay down and roll in it. But my owner guy yelled at me so I didn't get the chance.

It was good my human sister didn't step on it. We just walked that way over to my grandma's house right after dark the night before. Maybe she did step on it. Wouldn't that be funny! It would be hilarious if there was a whole nest of them living in the plant around the mailbox pole! Hahahahaha.

Oops! Maybe I shouldn't have said that. Sometimes my human mom and sister read this blog. If they get that idea in their heads they will never get the mail. My owner guy will have to get the mail every day. So if you are reading this guys I was just kidding. I am sure that is probably the only snake left in the entire county. I hear they all go south for the winter. (wink, wink).

Where are you going? It's OK. It's already dead. 

The most dangerous thing in the picture above is the toxic plant around the mailbox. I learned that from Dingo's guest post on Friday. You can learn a lot by following my blog. The take away from today's post is:
Be careful when you go out to your mailbox in the morning. You never know where you might find a toxic plant. 





No comments:

Post a Comment