Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Urey Overlook

I checked the map. It's only .45 miles to the overlook.
I had some good times on a couple of hikes recently at Urey Overlook (click for info). My sister Dingo even came down and joined me on one. This is a great place and it is only a short distance from where I live. Its just north of Otter Creek and is part of the Mason-Dixon trail system. Click here for map location.

Eagle Watching (us!) 

We like to take these hikes to watch eagles. The first day we saw 4 eagles but instead of just us watching them one landed in a nearby tree and started watching us. It stayed for a long time. We watched for about a half an hour until it was time to head back to the car.

This eagle had to look up to see us. 

Great view from here. That is Safe Harbor in the background. 

Mom sees an eagle. That is Pequea across the Susquehanna River

Hiking With Dingo

These hikes are really fun but they are even more fun when Dingo goes along. We really enjoy all the smells along the trail. My humans are clueless when it comes to smelling. They miss so much.

Notice how we each are looking at our owners cameras
Hey did you smell that deer? Yeah, did you smell that raccoon?
Yep, did you smell that rabbit? Sure, did you smell that fox? Of course, and
I smell a bear! Well I smell Eric Frein. Oh yeah, well I smell a unicorn. Well I ...........

This went on and on all during the hike! 
Come on down. The fall leaves will soon be at their peak. 

If you want to hike with me sometime come on down. We have extra walking sticks. I am ready to hike anytime. And one of the best parts is, when you get home you can sleep like a rock the rest of the day.




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree. Maybe we should go to Vegas. -- Coop

      Delete