Thursday, October 9, 2014

Small Potatoes

Do you know what a microchip is? I have one but I really didn't know what it was or why I had it.

On my last trip to the vet mom told them to give me one. Why? I don't want a tiny potato chip. Give me a big one. Or maybe a whole potato. I like veggies. Those little baby carrots are good. I even like bananas. Surely the vet would have large chips. Or maybe even veggies.

Then one evening while watching the news I saw this story about Nika. A Toy Fox Terrier from New York who was lost for over two years. She was found in Florida and reunited with her owner guy. All because of a microchip. Wow. How did she go so long without eating it? What willpower. Click on the news clip to check it out.

How did she end up over 1,000 miles away from home? 

It turns out a microchip is not a snack at all. It's an electronic device with information on it.

Click this picture if you want to see more information.

My mom has my chip registered with HomeAgain.

I think that dog's name is Snoopy. He doesn' have a blog. 

Today's take away:
A microchip for pets isn't a tiny potato chip. They call it a microchip because its easier than saying "I want a monolithic integrated circuit made of semiconductor material with RFID technology".

3 comments:

  1. You wouldn't ever want to leave home right Cooper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! But I could get lost. I thought about coming to visit you but mom didn't get me a GPS yet. -- Coop

      Delete
  2. LOL there are a lot of dogs in Lebanon that would love to meet you

    ReplyDelete