Thursday, October 30, 2014

The Green Monster

The Paparazzi

I went for a hike with my sister Dingo on Tuesday. I will tell you about it in another post.

What I need to tell you about today is what happened right after Dingo left. I wish she would have stayed another half hour. I could have used her help. But I understand why she had to leave as soon as our hike was over. She is becoming famous. She is very photogenic and has lots of followers on Instagram. Her Instagram name is @dingo_the_blueheeler click here to see her site or if you want to follow her. The Paparazzi follow her. Everywhere. So she needs to keep on the move.

Dingo outrunning the Paparazzi. Fame has its price. 

The Green Monster (Not the one in Fenway)

After Dingo left I was getting settled to rest up from the hike when I heard this terrible noise. I ran out to see what was going on and there was a giant green monster heading right for our house! I went out in the yard to defend our house and scared it away. I managed to save our laundry lines and our house but I wasn't able to keep it from eating up all the corn. If Dingo would have been here I am sure we could have teamed up and saved my favorite hiding place, the cornfield.

I stared it down. Looking right into it's huge teeth. 

I stood my ground and made him turn and leave. I won! 

After I defeated the monster my owners went for a walk in what was left of the cornfield with me to survey the damage. It was awful. The green monster had eaten all the corn.

Devastation. All the corn was swallowed up by the green monster.
Hey, I can see grandma's house from here. 

What a shock! (literally)

We went all the way to the end of the field where the cow pasture begins. I ran into the pasture and on the way back I got the shock of my life. Really. I had no idea what hit me. All the hair on my back stood up and I barked really loud and growled as I turned around ready to fight. But I couldn't find anything to fight. Something invisible had attacked me.

What a thrill! My owner guy said it was the electric fence and stopped me from going back under it. He said I probably don't get it and will probably get shocked again next time we walk through the field. He said some things you just have to learn by experience.

What a thrill. Hey Storm, Dingo, Hank, and Mia, did you ever touch an electric fence? Next time you come down I can show you a real thrill and help you all gain some valuable experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment