Tuesday, August 26, 2014

First Hike

Sunday my human mom and human sister took me for a hike. I didn't know what a hike was but when she asked me if I wanted to go on one I sure did.

We went to a place called Indian Steps. It is down by the river. When we got there my human man owner was singing..  "Down by the river. I shot my baby. Dead. I shot her dead." Which I thought was rather strange. Shooting a baby? That's just sick. More on this later.

Down by the river looking at a boat. I didn't see any Indians. 
After checking out the river my human sister led us to a hiking trail. We had to go up steps but I don't think they were built by Indians. They looked more like something a crew at a state park would build.

At the top we found a waterfall. Mom is trying to get me to go into a little pool.
We had to cross a road and hike up a really steep hill. The path went off to the left but she knew a shortcut through the woods to take us to a really cool spot with a waterfall.

My human sister knows great hiking spots. But she is not good at picking hiking shoes.
Now about that weird song he was singing. It turns out it was actually a famous song back in the day. Neil Young and Crazy Horse released it in 1969. I found a version online and if you have 8:59 to kill (and I know you must because after all, you are reading a blog that is written by a dog) check it out.

Neil wrote it along with Cinnamon Girl and Cowgirl in the Sand when he was delirious in bed with a 103 degree fever. I guess that would make you write weird lyrics.

It is not about a tiny baby. Neil claims it's about a man who catches his woman cheating on him, then meets her down by the river and shoots her. A few hours later the sheriff comes to his house and arrests him. At least that is one version. At various times he has claimed multiple explanations for the lyrics. Very odd fellow that Neil.





No comments:

Post a Comment