Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Lost ID Tag - Reward Offered

Reward - 5 milkbones and 1 empty ginger ale bottle (with cap).

It was recently pointed out that my ID tag was no longer on my collar. It is lost. So I am asking my readers to help find it and am offering a reward. The empty ginger ale bottle is my newest favorite toy. It is even better than a milk bottle. It still has the cap scewed on tight so when I bite it it really crackles loud. It is really cool.

This is what my lost ID tag looks like. I had it since I was a pup.

Here are clues to help you search.

I was watching the Steelers beat the Ravens on SNF (Sunday Night Football) when I came up with an idea. When there is a close play they review them on video and can zoom in to get a better look. What a great idea. I can do that with the photos I take for my blog.

So I went to the photo archives of my blog journal to narrow down the actual time it might have fallen off. By blowing up the photo's I determined the last photo that was taken with my tag still on and the first photo that was taken with it missing. Now I can try to figure out where the best place to search for it might be.

Last photo with my ID tag. Zoomed in replay on the right.
The above photo is the last photo where I still had my ID. It was taken 10/26/2014 at 1:26 PM at Urey Overlook.

First photo without my ID tag. Zoomed in replay on the right.
The above photo is the first photo without my ID tag. It was taken on 10/26/2014 at 5:16 PM. 3 hours and 50 minutes later. That narrows my movements down to only about 3 miles of hiking on 3 different trails. The way out at Urey Overlook, then trail 2 and trail 2A at the southern section of Apollo Park. Oh, yeah, and a little side hike on the Mason Dixon Trail in Apollo over a creek (Boyd Run).

Here is a map of the area where I spent the 3 hours and 50 minute window where it got lost.

It has to be somewhere inside the red circled areas. 
Thanks for your help. If it doesn't turn up I guess I could always order another one from Amazon. I guess this just goes to show ya why it is a good thing to get a microchip. I am glad my vet gave me one last visit. It would be impossible to lose it.





7 comments:

  1. Coop - hope you find it, but if you don't you can go to Petco and get a Steelers name tag. Just saying. - DINGO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we will find it when you come down for our hike today. -- Coop

      Delete
  2. Coop, I'd check with that big guy that is hugging you, Man his hand is right in that
    area and he looks suspicious. TIP: You might have trouble finding him in that coat.
    Use your nose cause he'll be hard to see. - A concerned follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to see but easy to smell. His clothes really have a human scent. He probably never sees any deer when he is out hunting. I wonder if he knows enough to check the wind direction when hunting. -- Coop

      Delete
  3. Oh no!! I'm glad your tag is lost and not you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Don't worry, I have a microchip. -- Coop

      Delete
  4. Coop - We tried our best to find it. I thought I smelled it a couple of times, but it was not to be. As usual, had fun today - DINGO

    ReplyDelete