Friday, November 14, 2014

Dog Park

Wednesday I went along with Dingo to a dog park. It isn't called a dog park but that is what I call it. They call it "Canine Meadows - Off Leash Dog Area" and it is in John Rudy County Park. It has three fenced in areas so dogs can run free and play without worrying about falling off cliffs into a river or chasing a squirrel across a road and getting run over by a UPS truck. A real safe place to romp around. Dog Fancy magazine rated it #20 as one of the top dog parks in the nation. Click here to see the article. 

John Rudy must really like dogs. 
Since there isn't a creek or a river in the park they have installed watering stations for us dogs. They are shut down now for the year due to the cold but I bet they really come in handy in the summer. It is a really nice park with lots of benches for our owners to sit and watch us play with all the other dogs. They have a lot of rules. I found out the next day that I broke one of them. Can you guess which one?

I broke rule #9. I weighed myself the next day. I am 35 lbs now! 

The top area is for big dogs, like me. The bottom is for small dogs. 
One of the best things about the park is you get to meet new dogs. I didn't see any other Australian Blue Heelers, except for Dingo. But I did get to see lots of other dogs. Here are a few pictures of some of the other dogs I met.

Rusty. Boston Terrier/Beagle. He was really fast and never stopped running. 
This Beagle was Rusty's friend. The happiest dog I ever saw. He just ran around
with his nose to the ground all the time barking on the trail.

Molly. A Chinese Crested Short Hair and her friend Scrapper, a Shih Tzu

You can see how large area #3 is. Lots of room to run.

The picture above shows how big it is and that there weren't too many other dogs there during the week. I bet if I went on a weekend I could make lots of new friends. Thanks Dingo for showing me the dog park. 

If you want to go to a dog park but you don't live near John C Rudy park you can click here to find a park near you. Just click on your state. My state of PA has 25 of them listed. They are great places to meet new friends. 


5 comments:

  1. Coop - Thanks for staying on the small dog side with me. The other day I weighed 26.8 pounds. We'll be running with the big dogs soon. Bet it felt good breaking the rules. My brother the rogue! -- DINGO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try some brown sugar and cinnamon oatmeal. I have been finishing my owner guys every morning and I think that helped me gain a few pounds. Plus then your human mom won't even have to wash the bowl. -- Coop

      Delete
  2. Sure enjoyed you and Dingo's visit to John Ruby Park. Guess you were too busy to get into trouble like #2, no time to dig while you was meeting all the new friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we didn't even dig one time. Too busy running around with that dog named Rusty. He could really run fast. I did bury a clothes pin when I got home. Mom was hanging laundry. We will see if it grows -- Coop

      Delete
  3. Coop
    Let me know the next time you go to the park. I'm pretty sure we can meet you there for a romp. It has been quite awhile since I've been there but I remember it as being fun.

    Your friend,

    Storm

    ReplyDelete