Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Emergency Vet Visit

Good News and Bad News

Jannessa says I look like Amelia Earhart

First the good news. Nothing is broken or torn. The bad news is I hurt and no running and hiking or playing rough for a week.

This morning there was a squirrel outside real close to the door. My job is to keep them out of the yard and away from the bird feeders. Well when I took off to chase it I made a sharp turn at the tree to the right and slipped on the ice. I yelped really loud and hobbled back to the house on three legs. It is good I am a dog. It is nice to have 3 other legs to use when one goes out on you.


My Doctor checking me out. She saw swelling in my patella (that's doctor talk for knee)
and gave me x-rays.
My human mom called my doctor, Cape Horn Veterinary Associates, and they got me an appointment really fast. I got a couple of x-rays and even had laser therapy. I am glad I didn't need acupuncture.

I think these shades look good on me. I will have to get a pair.

So for the next week I will take it easy and my humans will try not to use any words that get me hyper. They will be spelling out words like
s-q-u-i-r-r-e-l 
m-a-i-l
h-i-k-e
b-i-r-d-s
m-a-m-aw
M-i-a
D-i-n-g-o

Every time they use those words I get all excited.

Here is a video clip of some of my laser therapy. It didn't hurt at all. It took a few minutes and my leg was sore but it felt good. I hope to be good as new in a week and back on the hiking trail. Hope the cats enjoy their break.











2 comments:

  1. Get well soon Cooper - you don't want to still be injured when Dingo comes to stay with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be fine by then. I am already doing really good. Still limping but getting back to normal.

    ReplyDelete