Thursday, November 13, 2014

Seeing Or Believing. Which Do You Trust?

A good start to the day

We headed to our favorite hiking spot at Urey Overlook. There are several different roads we take to get to the same place. This day we took the Rt 425 route near the Airville fire hall and headed down toward Indian Steps.  I was glad we chose this way today because part way down the hill toward the river I saw two of the prettiest birds I ever saw. They weren't flying. They were walking along the edge of the road. My owner guy told me they were Ring-necked Pheasants. I remember hearing them before when Dingo was with me but we didn't get to see them. Well, they sure look better than they sound. 

Ring-necked Pheasants. Zoomed in on the bottom for a closer look. 

Stuck in traffic

There was a drawback by going this way though. It had the typical Airville traffic problems. We got caught behind a slow moving tanker and had to follow it for awhile. It was moving so slow because it only had four horsepower. It finally did pull off the road and moved into a field and then we continued on our way. 

Typical Airville traffic. It pulled off the road and we continued on our way.

Safe Harbor Stolen!

When we arrived at the overlook I expected to see Safe Harbor dam and power plant like usual but it wasn't there! Somebody stole it! What happened to it? Where were the people that work there? How would we get electricity so I can watch TV? How would I be able to blog without electric? Does this mean 40 more power companies will be calling at all hours trying to scam us? I was highly upset. I was letting my imagination run away with me, causing me to panic. 

Top photo shows it missing. Bottom photo from same spot 2 weeks ago.

I wanted my owner guy to call 911 and report it missing but he told me to relax. That is was still there and I just couldn't see it today. I didn't believe him so he took me to another trail so we could get a closer look. He said it was just the fog and haze obscuring my vision and not to let what I couldn't see distress me but to remain confident with what I know to be true, even though I can't always see it. 

Owner guy was right. It is still there. 

And before we left the sun even came back out!

Today's Takeaway 

The sun is always shining (even at night!) even though we can't always see it. Don't panic. The night will turn to morning and the clouds will give way to the sun. As papa Duke always told us pups. We live by faith, not by sight. ( 2 Cor 5:7 )

No comments:

Post a Comment