Thursday, November 6, 2014

Eagle Day

This Saturday is eagle day at Conowingo Dam.


As a service to my blog readers I went down to check out the situation yesterday. It was cloudy and it started to rain shortly after I arrived. I don't like rain so I didn't stay long. I stopped counting at 28 eagles at the upper part of the park.

Conowingo Dam. About 40 people were there with cameras. 

They weren't feeding while I was there so I didn't get to see much action. Mostly they were just sitting around in trees and on the rocks. So not much fishing action. You never know when they might start fishing. That is when it is really fun.

They like to sit in the trees beside the parking lot. 
If you go you will surely see lots of eagles, blue herons, and cormorants. And there will be lots of other birds on display. And it is all free (last year my owner guy even got a free hat). Don't forget your binoculars.

But, as a dog, I am not going. I don't like the "must be on a leash at all times" rule. You wouldn't either. If you go, I challenge you to walk around the whole time with a leash on you, and have someone tug on it everytime you want to stop to smell something.  It would put a real damper on your day. I like to hike where I can run free. And even though I saw 28 plus eagles it just seems more exciting seeing only 2 to 4 up at the Holtwood Dam or Urey Overlook.


Big News! ....oops! 

What!!??  Did I hear that right?
When we pulled into the lower parking lot to do a little hiking down the river my mom got a phone call. You can see the surprised look on my face. She had it on speaker phone and I couldn't believe what I heard. It was really good exciting news from......  uh, mom said not to blog it yet. Maybe she will let me tell next Tuesday. If you can't wait till my 4:00 AM Tuesday post call her. Maybe she will tell. Or look for my owner guy, maybe at Conowingo Eagle Day. He might tell you. If not, don't forget to tune in Tuesday.


1 comment: