Wednesday, October 29, 2014

My New Hiking Friend - Mia

I have another friend now. This Sunday I met Mia. She is a Boxer and she is 6 months old.

My new friend Mia. Isn't she pretty?

Boxers are medium sized short haired dogs of a breed developed in Germany with a brownish coat and a short, square-jawed muzzle. She said she didn't come to see me from Germany but that she lives in East Prospect, Pa, USA.

She likes hiking so I got to go give her a tour of some of my favorite hiking spots. We went to two of the trails at Apollo park and also one at Urey Overlook. Her owners went along too. Her mom owner even managed to get a picture of one of the eagles flying around and she put it on her facebook page.

Mia's mom owner caught this eagle in flight. 

Getting ready for the hike. 

I warned her about the cliff. So far no one I brought here ever fell over it. 

After spending time watching eagles at the overlook we went to hike a couple trails through the woods, over creeks, and up and down steep hills at Apollo.

Mia's dad owner knows a lot about the woods. He was wearing a special jacket for using a compound bow. He pointed out deer tracks and spots where they were rubbing their antlers on trees. Of course Mia and I already knew that because we could smell them. We could smell deer lots of places but he could only tell where they have been by visual signs. He really needs to work on his olfactory skills if he wants to call himself a deer hunter.

Mia's owner didn't smell any deer. What a shame. He wants so bad to be a good deer hunter.
Before we were done we went on three different trails. By the time we got home we were exhausted (Mia and me. The humans only walked on the trail but we were all over the place. We walked 10 times more than they did). So when we got back to the house we were ready to pass out. While we were sleeping we practiced synchronised napping.

Synchronized napping. Notice Mia's right front leg is not quite straight.
We are working on that. The judges would probably give us a 9.3 for this nap.
It was a great afternoon of hiking. I hope we can do it again real soon. So many trails and so little time.




4 comments:

  1. Hey, coop! That really looked like fun! Hiking isn't just for dogs, but I think they invented it, don't you? Too bad an eagle didn't drop a muskie down for a snack.
    Storm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Storm how goes it? Tell your humans to bring you down for a visit. If you have time I would love to put in a guest post again. This blogging is hard work! -- Coop.

      Delete
  2. Cooper you look tiny compared to Mia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is bigger. And they don't know how much bigger she will get. I might end up 50 lbs. She could end up 80 lbs. We will see and will update. Maybe I can talk her into doing a guest blog sometime. -- Coop

      Delete